Fresh food is all that we need every single day for sustenance, but since a lot of people do not have the sufficient time to cook their own meals at home especially during working days, they are dependent on foods that are wrapped and ready to eat. So for industries that specialize in fresh food, they have to be particular about the food’s packaging, as they are particular with the food quality, because it’s one way to communicate to consumers about the food’s nutritional value, potential allergens, and other information. Packaging helps make fresh food tastes a lot better and last longer.
Flexible Packaging Types:
- Combo fresh meal and dessert packs. There are packaged foods that allow consumers to prepare a special meal or dessert in a single, hassle-free carton, box, or bag. Some combo packs include fresh fruits, greens, vegetables, and other ingredients that can make a whole recipe. There are also available pie kits and spices, or you can opt for salad packaging with a combination of dressing, lettuce, and crunchy toppings.
- Pre-prepared fresh snack kits. A variety of prepared foods like candies, cookies, and chips are readily available in the market for those who are looking for quick snacks. Those who opt for healther options, they can find snackable fruits and vegetables displayed in single-serve packaging kits.
- Hand-held pie packaging. Frequent eaters of baked pies would love to eat them even more wherever they are because the hand-held pack is easy to use, made from recycled material, and it’s grease resistant. It has a folding feature that would protect the consumers’ hand while holding the hot pie.
- Natural plastic. Enjoying delicacies, fruits, and other food is made much easier with containers that are derived from plants. This packaging type offers environmental benefits because it promotes good flavor, it has aroma barrier, and it is lightweight.
- Microwave packaging. Regardless of the type of fresh food you opt, you can discover that using this type of packaging and those in foldable cartons, cups, bags, pouches, trays and so on are globally utilized and recognized.
- Aseptic processing. A process wherein a product is packed in a sterile container to maintain sterility. So if you use this packaging type, expect that your food will last long periods even without the use of preservatives. This process is used for packaging of eggs, tomatoes, gravies, milk, and fruit juices.
- These are flat items that can be used for a lot of purposes. Trays come in butler’s tray, which is used for serving drinks, and cafeteria tray, which is made of fiberglass or plastic that incorporate the compartments of food served.
Nowadays, packaging of fresh food is highly flexible because some containers are equipped with foldable spoon, which is common if you order fresh-prepared salads and soups. Aside from the basic cutlery and other conveniences of takeaway packs, some packaging types are stylish, bright, colorful, and other qualities that can attract the consumers. There are also packaging options such as mesh bags or plastic films for those who want to take apples, oranges, and other fresh produce with them.